So, in the past I've talked about writing a prequel.
A prequel to Eden...
AN EDEN PREQUEL
One week ago I thought I knew exactly how I was going to spend the rest of my life: looking at the gray walls of a prison cell. Figuring out how to survive the apocalypse wasn’t something I’d planned for.
Yet here I was, getting a second chance at the end of the world.
Rebirth is the 10,000 word prequel to the novel Eden.
Now, a few things about Rebirth:
- It is NOT told from Eve's point of view.
- Despite the fact that in the past I talked about telling the prequel from West or Avian's point of view, it isn't from either of their points of view.
- It will be a surprise who's POV it is told from :-) You'll have to read it to figure it out.
- You do not have to have read Eden to get what is going on in Rebirth. It does stand on it's own. But they obviously very much tie together.
- Rebirth takes place when the world is Falling apart. So about 5 years previous to Eden.
- It is short. 10,000 words is the equivalent to about 45 book pages.
- It will only be available in digital form.
And the biggest things:
- Rebirth has NO romantic factor. This is a first for me. This book is entirely about survival.
- The one hint I will give you about the main character is that they are in their mid 30's. This is also different for me.
I said coming October 2012. That means I don't know exactly what day it will release. Like I said earlier, this is just one of the things I've been working on lately and working on multiple projects is tricky business. But, I will be releasing it before Halloween! So hold tight. Hopefully I'll have a more solid date soon.
You all excited?! I'm excited!
If you want to add Rebirth on Goodreads you can do so HERE!