Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Summary from Goodreads:

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.



My Thoughts:


I have to admit, Forever wasn’t a book that I couldn’t put down.  I set a schedule for myself of when I wanted to have it finished by, and finished it on that day. 

What I do love about this series though is Grace and Sam’s relationship.  They truly are a couple made for each other and their relationship feels real.  Sweet is the perfect word to describe the romance here.  There is no question about how much Sam loves Grace and how much Grace loves Sam.  Things felt real here.

But I think my favorite part about Forever was the dynamic with Cole.  For one I’m a sucker for his name considering one of my own MC’s name is Cole, and in certain ways their personalities are the same.  For two, the boy is smart.  And unpredictable.  And I loved the relationship between him and Isabel.  The tension was obvious and had me dying for them to just get over themselves and admit they want to be together. 

While I loved the relationships in Forever, like I said, it is slow.  It felt like nothing was really happening, for a really long time.  I would put the book down for a while, go back and try and review in my head what had happened previously, and couldn’t think of much that had gone on that was important.  And then with how slow most of it was, the ending just raced along.  It did feel a bit rushed.  I got to the last 20 pages, kept looking at how much was left, and kept thinking “how is this possibly going to wrap up in time?”  But it did.

I do have to admit, I am not a huge werewolf fan, but I do recommend it to all those who do love their shape-shifting characters!  3 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Abby Fowers said...

Bummer. I have kind of felt this way about the whole series though. It is good, but just not AWESOME! lol. I was thinking I needed to get the 3rd book so I could get caught up. I probably won't rush on it though. Good to have a review.

Anonymous said...

For casual days on the seashore or those casual excursions then creatures images makes a wonderful choice relating to your current choice of totes. louis vuitton replica sale Go for a walk on the wild side with tiger to snake skin designs. chanel replica bags Choose the ideal for work so you will really sparkle by choosing a sleek tote bag with a solid color style and design. chanel replica sale These totes portray poise and professionalism and reliability with a capital P, and will let you stay at the top of fashion & modernity. gucci replica sale Strengthen that look by enjoying a adorned design! Whenever it is tote bags, prada replica sale or even, purses and purses in general, you will be shopping for, then check here for the largest selection, & for your preferred brands!