Review: Anna and the French Kiss

From Goodreads:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.


As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?




My Thoughts:


After reading so much dark fantasy and dystopian, I was ready for something different. Contemporary YA is not something that I read very often but I’ve seen a lot of praise for Anna and the French Kiss so I went ahead and bought it. I wasn’t disappointed!

I can’t even imagine how terrifying it would be to be dropped off on your own, at a new school, in a country that you don’t speak the language of, and without knowing anyone. This is Anna’s new world. After her Nicolas Sparks father (yeah, that’s pretty much who her dad’s supposed to be… lol) decides she needs some more culture he ships her off to Paris. Teenage insecurity ensues.

Miss Perkins does a great job of painting a picture of Paris and makes her readers try and calculate in their head how they are going to possibly afford to make it there. I’ve honestly not been one that wanted to go to Paris but after reading this book, I’m SO ready to go!

Anna and St. Claire were cute and yet frustrating. I wanted to smack St. Claire upside the head and tell him to dump his girlfriend as he was obviously in love with Anna and I wanted to smack Anna for being SOOO obsessed with St. Claire! But… they were very cute and I could totally feel the heartache Anna was going through, pining away after him.

I highly recommend Anna and the French Kiss if you’re wanting something that reads fast, is light hearted, and will make you go awwww! 4 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

C.J Duggan said...

Ahhh how I LOVED this book! And how true is it? I never wanted to go to Paris before but now I am calculating for a future trip- I want to go so bad! Stephanie Perkins should be getting commision off travel agents everywhere.