Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

From Goodreads:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


My Thoughts:

I know, more werewolves! You all know I’m not normally a fan, but I really, really liked Nightshade.  I fought reading it for a long time but I'm glad that I finally gave in and bought a copy.

I really liked that Calla was tough. I’m starting to like tough chick heroines more and more and honestly, Calla reminded me a lot of my own character, Eve, from Eden. She knows how to handle herself, she can have a bit of an attitude, and she’s one confused girl.

Be warned, there is a love triangle here. A very conflicted love triangle. Calla wants Shay, Shay, Shay but there’s hot, hot, hot Ren. It was fairly clear from the beginning who she was going to end up with, and I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. I think I liked the guy she didn’t pick better, despite his faults. The other guy didn’t seem to care that he was constantly putting Calla in danger. I am curious to see how things go in Wolfsbane and I already have my copy!

One of the things I really loved about Nightshade was the world building. I was really lost and confused for about the first 50 pages or so. Mrs. Creamer uses a lot of words like Keepers, Guardians, and Searchers, but doesn’t give much explanation for quite a while. But once you figure it out you feel pulled in and like you’ve been raised as one of the pack. And I loved the relationships in this book. The friendships felt real and I felt pulled into their triumphs and dramas like I was a character in the book.

I can’t wait to start on the next book! 4.5 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oakley solar shades have access to a maximum selection of website tone possible choices to increase ones own ideas designed for cartier replica sale replacing lightweight issues. Ones own accessories are created from Plutonite components which inturn sections 100% in all Ultra violet rays. Some people include throughout fourty pigments in order to match each individual lightweight state conceivable. That accessories are made to resist with aggressive impacts on. This is often fundamental in many sporting considering last item you prefer is usually the accessories shattering ınside your facial skin. Ones own concept releases the most impressive polarized solar shades available in beauty stores. They are really omega replica sale moreover included in medication accessories. Incorporate a well known versions include the N Structure chain, Thump chain, 50 percent of Coat, Nothing Erinarians, Unsecured personal chain, Liquid Coat and even Pounding Coat. Nevertheless they are really not as complicated simply because Gucci solar shades, they are really a powerful chanel replica sale wonderful pick. Nike polarized solar shades are made to offer much bigger domain in ideas even while conserving ones own eye lids belonging to the wind power, lightweight and even consequence perils noticed through positive sporting. They supply includes which includes compatible accessories which will enable you enjoy the best accessories ınside your glasses in the up-to-date lightweight state. That nose area passage air flow helps to keep one haze 100 % free which inturn can often be a major issue on sizzling hot, moist temperatures.