There Is Still Hope

A little bit of good news.  I finished the read through/paper draft edit of Forsaken this morning!  That's kind of the easy part.  I just cross words out, pick better ones, write "expand" or "clarify" in the margins.  Stuff like that.  But hey, it's a start!  The hard part now is to go back and do all those expansions and clarifications.  It really won't be that bad once this edit is finished, and I'm half way done with it. 

I have 3 people who I have emailed Forsaken too.  I haven't heard back from any of them yet but I'm curious to hear what they have to say about it.

So there it is.  A little glimmer of hope.  I'm not going to say that I'm still going to have this finished by the date of September 1st like I had planned on.  I just don't know if it will happen.  But it will be finished.  By the end of the year at the very, VERY latest.

For your pleasure, here's a canto that is at the beginning of Forsaken that sums up the whole book.  It's from Dante's Inferno.

““For such a falling short, and for no crime,
We all are lost, and suffer only this:
Hopeless, we live forever in desire.”
When I heard this, great sorrow seized my heart,
For I saw men of great distinction there
Hovering in Limbo at the edge of Hell.”

1 comment:

Jennyfuur said...

I hope you finish it!! I loved Branded!