Here it goes again!

I managed to survive my week away from Eden! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to take time away... lol. Let's just say mom was a bit grumpy this week and had a short fuse... But today I started the part of the writing process that I dread: Editing.

Not a lot was done today. I started out small with something not too overwhelming. Only about the first third of Eden was actually seperated into chapters so that's what I did today, started splitting it all up. For some reason that's hard for me. But at least I've started now. Time to dive head-long in!

I've come up with a plan for the next few months. It usually takes me almost as long to edit as it did to write the first draft. It took me about 3 1/2 months to write the first draft. My goal is to have it all edited by April 16th.  Just under 2 1/1 months.  Why the 16th? Cause there is this really great writers conference I want to go to in Seattle. You can find out all about it HERE. It looks really amazing and I think it could provide some really amazing opportunities.

But anyway, wish me luck! Editing is always the hardest part of the writing process for me!

1 comment:

Brad Jaeger said...

Best of luck; I'm currently in the editing process as well, so I can relate!